Sourcing in China
With Scale Roads, you have a trustworthy sourcing partner located in China. With 8 years of experience in China, we deal with local suppliers on a daily basis to serve our clients. Inquire today with all your purchase questions!
As a company you are constantly on the lookout for optimizing your product in quality, price, features, etc. As of today, more than 80% of worldwide products are made in China. That’s why most businesses will consider to source in China. Product sourcing in China will offer businesses a variety of factories to choose from. If you are not located in China, the sourcing process can be overwhelming and very time consuming while you as business want to focus on selling, marketing, finance, etc. An effective way to have all the benefits is to have a sourcing agent that is located in China. They know all the do’s and don’ts of the sourcing process in China.
Scale Roads sourcing benefits:
- Communicate in English, Dutch and Chinese
- Located in China & The Netherlands
- Broad network of familiair factories
- Young & ambitious team with fast answers to your sourcing inquiries
Watch our Q&A with Cédric Ophoff about product sourcing in China. The Q&A is in Dutch language.
Sourcing in China FAQ
What does a China Sourcing Agent do?
A China sourcing agent, like Scale Roads, is specialized in finding the right products and factories for companies and clients who are not experienced or used to working with Chinese companies.
Why should I source from China?
China has lower labor and manufacturing costs. China has also direct access to most of the raw materials which are needed for producing the products. With their high capacity and faster lead times, it is an opportunity to outsource your manufacturing.
What is the process of sourcing?
The sourcing process contains 12 basic steps:
1. Request from the client: We define the product, needs, and specific requirements.
2. Initial factory scanning of what factories are able to work with the request: First, we look to factories we have worked with before.
3. Sample collecting and rating: We collect the first samples and share every detail with the client. Often, samples will be sent to the client for confirmation.
4. Factory audit: Based on the sample ratings, a factory will be selected. Before the start of the production, Scale Roads will do a factory audit to check all the licenses of the factory.
5.Making the offer: After negotiating with the factory, Scale Roads will share the offer and the purchasing contract with the client.
6.Deposit payment: Before the productions starts the factory needs a 30% deposit payment to actually start the production.
7.Pre-production inspection: After the payment and before the start of the production, Scale Roads will do a final check with the factory if they still know the latest specifications of the products and if the right raw materials have been purchased by the factory.
8.Production: The factory will start the production.
9.During production inspection: When the production is ongoing, Scale Roads will check if everything goes well and according to the schedule.
10. Pre-shipment inspection: Before the goods go into the container, Scale Roads will
check the quantity and the quality of the goods once again if everything went well during production.
11. Balance Payment: When everything has been determined to have gone according to the plan and the quality is as required, we prepare the balance payment.
12. Shipment: Products will be loaded into the container to start the journey to the client.
Who needs an agent for Sourcing from China?
Almost every retail company, e-commerce company, or producer can benefit from working with a sourcing agent in China. Working with a Chinese sourcing agent can be particularly important if you don’t have an existing professional network in the country, you don’t speak the language, or you operate in a different time zone.